Sunday, May 28, 2017

Baseball and the Bus.

My brother-in-law coaches the Lakeland varsity baseball team.  They made the state tournament again this year.  Way to go!  I was on a work trip the first day of the tournament.  My family came down to stay with us.  Kevin and I talked my sister into hosting a BBQ for the team on Thursday evening after their first game.  I arrived home from my trip to see a tour bus in front of my house.  The cab driver was a bit surprised! 

The boys had lost their first game, so a BBQ was just the thing to pick them up out of the slump.  One of the assistant coaches was super appreciative.  He said it was just what the team needed instead of going to the hotel to sulk.

They ate a ton of food and then had some fun.

Kendall showed them how to play tetherball.  She is quite competitive that girl.  They were not going to take it easy on her either.

Pretty soon, they were all joining in on the fun.
 
Dylan's girlfriend, Heather, came down with my family as well.  The girls made signs for the players.  Here is Heather and Dylan with the sign she made for him.

After a few hours, they headed back to the hotel to get some rest for the next day.  Sidney was super happy to have her cousin here.
 
Hallie has been the team manager this year.  She has enjoyed every moment of it.   
 
Sidney joined in on the sign making fun as well.

No comments: