Monday, January 26, 2015

My Trip to Florida and a Visit from Family.

During the first week of January, I traveled to Florida for 7 days.  Some people may have been envious, but I was on the fence.  It was a fantastic trip and a great time meeting new people and learning from some amazing people.  However, it was my first trip since Kevin's diagnosis.  Spouses were invited to join us, but given the circumstances Kevin stayed at home.  I left while he was still hooked up to chemo.  I was given the option to go or not, but Kevin strongly encouraged me to go. 
 
The hotel was gorgeous (Ritz Carlton Golf Resort).  The food was so delicious and desserts were served at every meal;  Rice pudding, Pecan Pie, mini cheesecakes, and the list goes on.  Each day, my housekeeper wrote me a special note and did something nice in the room.  One day it was extra chocolates, the next is was lavender and mini white roses in a water bottle, another day I walked in to this.  The hilarious thing is that I thought everyone was getting this kind of treatment.  As it turned out, that was not the case.  That nice lady made it an extra special trip for me with her thoughtfulness.

Jason had to make a one day trip to Boise last weekend for Legion Baseball.  My sister, along with Dylan and Hallie, decided to join him.  It was so incredibly awesome to have them here, even if it was only for a day and a half.  We made the most of out time.  We went swimming, shopping, ate great food, drank some Bailey's, went for a long walk and decided to recover the craft room chairs.

My mom sent down some gorgeous new bedding sets for the girls.  However, it was way too hard to part with the old ones.  Steph and I used the bottom solid colors of the old duvets for the seats of the new chairs.  Kevin and I had picked out some colorful fabric for the back of the chairs.  They turned out pretty awesome.  I would call this a Pinterest win!

No comments: