Sunday, December 11, 2011

Adventures on Ice

Kevin and I decided to take the girls on their first ice skating experience yesterday.  We felt pretty confident that this would be a good idea, after all the rink has walkers that we can rent for the girls.  We packed everybody up and headed for the ice skating rink.  Once we got our skates on, I asked for two of the walkers to rent.  What?  You do not have anymore?  There must be a mistake.  Well, adventure it would be.  We geared up and headed for the ice.

We got there just in time to see the Zamboni machine finish cleaning the ice.  The girls were very excited.

It took us a couple of spins around the ice before we found our groove.  The girls did excellent.  Sidney sang Jingle Bells at the top of her lungs (she literally had a sore throat that evening from singing so much).  She kept yelling, "I LOVE ICE SKATING!"
Kendall did awesome.  It took her a minute to figure out how to keep the skates pointed straight.  She secretly told me that Daddy was having a hard time keeping his skates straight too:)
About halfway through somebody with a walker was leaving, and they generously asked if Kendall would like to use it.  She took off like a speed skater.  There was no turning back for her.  Sidney tried the walker out a couple of times, but I think she did much better skating between my legs. 

Sidney taking a break while the Zamboni machine cleaned the ice for a second time.  The girls kept saying that the ice was so golden and beautiful.

I took Kendall around the ice one last time before we headed out.  The last 1/4 of the circle she started going super slow.  I asked her if she was getting tired.  Her reply was, "No, I am just going very slow because this is my last time.  I love skating and when I get to the door I have to stop."  I suppose that means we will be heading back sometime soon.  Kevin and I were laughing as we were both so tired and sore.  It was a lot of work (or are we out of shape)?  Hmm...

No comments: