Sunday, August 21, 2011

Beware of the Tire Swing

I thought about titling this post "Where have they heard that before?" as you will see later.  Last night Kevin and I took the girls to the park.  The girls wanted me to push them on the tire swing.  I was pushing them in a circle very peacefully until Kevin suggested that I spin them at the same time.  Yes, I will blame this on Kevin - why not?  As I tried to spin the swing, I lost my footing and started to stumble.  At the same moment, the tire swing started to make its way directly toward me.  My options were limited.  Since I was halfway to the ground anyways, I just dove to the ground to avoid being hit by the swing.  The girls were immediately concerned.  Sidney proceeded to lecture me, "Mom, that is why we be careful."  Kendall states, "Mom, did you get an owie?  You almost cracked your coconut."  Kevin in all his infinite wisdom just sat and laughed.  It was pretty comical.  When I finally shook the rubber chips off of myself, I stood up and started to spin the tire swing.  Bad idea!  The girls went from having a great time to screaming in terror.  They both started shouting "We are getting Bizzy".  That is not a typo.  They think the word "Dizzy" is actually "Bizzy".  Despite our many corrections, they continue to always get "Bizzy".  Needless to say, it was a moment to remember.  The biggest laugh for me was hearing them give me sympathy with the exact same words we use for them.  Uh Oh...we have now entered the parrot phrase.  Time to start watching what I say!  In reality, I think it might be too late...

No comments: