Sunday, February 20, 2011

Our Airplane Ride and a Belated Valentine's Day

As I mentioned in a previous post, we had quite a late night on our plane ride up to my parent's.  Here is Sidney looking out the window right after our plane FINALLY arrived.  She is still full of energy.

The girls enjoyed a little snack and beverage on the plane.  They thought this was the best part, of course.

Do not let this picture fool you.  It was 11:30 pm and Kendall iwa only pretending to sleep.  Sidney just looks like how she probably felt.  The girls did not fall asleep as Kevin predicted.  BUT, they did hang in there like champs. 

Did I mention that I left my brand new Nikon DSLR on the airplane?  Yes, I did.  We got about 10 minutes from the airport when I realized the error of my ways.  I had just bought the camera several days prior and had not even actually used it.  My name was nowhere to be found in the case.  Naturally, I freaked out!  My mom whipped the car around and I got on the phone with Southwest immediately.  They were able to locate the camera, BUT it had been locked in a safe and everyone had managed to go home in the 10 minutes it took me to call.  I nearly had a heart attack!  Fortunately I was able to go back the next morning and pick it up.  The lady whom I picked it up from said I was very lucky.  They have a warehouse full of laptops, cameras, cellphones and Ipods that have never been connected with the owners.  EGADS!  Who was the tired one that night? 

We were at my parent's for Valentine's Day.  The girls were a bit disappointed before we left, because they were going to miss their first Valentine's Day party.  Kendall was particularly bummed.  Her class was going to have a pajama party.  The girls had even made Valentines to pass out before I realized they were going to be gone, so we dropped off their Valentines before we left.  Their disappointment quickly passed as they realized that they would be going on the airplane (oh...and visiting family:)).  Daddy did not let us down thought.  When we got to Grandma's and opened our suitcases there was candy and cards waiting for all of us.  What a guy!  He had snuck them in somewhere between our house and the airport.  No wonder he volunteered to carry the bags out...

When the girls returned to school this week, they each had a bag full of Valentine's waiting for them.  It was good fun.  They brought them home and spread them all over the place.  I was amazed that Kendall knew who each Valentine was from.  I do not believe that she can "read" per say.  I would have to guess that she recognized the names.  Everything in their class is labeled. 

Sidney had a blast going through hers and spent most of the evening shoveling candy in her mouth quicker than I could hide it.  The little rascal!

No comments: